bernmatic® Belt Tensioning and Tracking System
The bernmatic® belt tensioning and tracking system is a technologically advanced solution. Belt control is achieved by horizontal adjustment of the deflection drum. At the same time, belt tension is kept constant by exact positioning of the deflection drums.The bernmatic® belt tensioning and tracking system consists of the following key components:
- two linear adjusters (electromechanical or hydraulic) on both sides of the deflection drum
- position detection of the linear adjusters
- belt edge sensors
- switch panel with automation components and operating unit with touch panel
The Control Algorithm of the bernmatic® Belt Bensioning and Tracking System
Berndorf Band Engineering’s active belt control system monitors belt running continually, reliably controlling both transient and long-term disruptions. At the same time, it also monitors the tension of the belt and keeps it constant. The modular bernmatic® control algorithm was developed in-house on the basis of decades of experience.
The type of bernmatic® system used depends on the desired belt tension.
- Up to 50 kN: simple belt tensioning by means of pneumatic units or plate springs and spindle adjustment on one side in conjunction with synchronization.
- Up to 200 kN: spindle adjustment on both sides of the deflection drum with active regulation of force by means of load cells (where hydraulic units cannot be used).
- From 0.5 to 1500 kN: Hydraulic adjustment of the deflection drum on both sides. For extremely accurate control of belt tension and dynamic characteristics.
A variety of different sensors may be used, depending on the application and operating environment:
- Contact belt edge sensors for dirty environments, e.g. dust.
- Optical belt edge sensors for contact-free monitoring in clean environments.
optical belt edge sensors with compressed air nozzle for sensor cleaning.
- Proportional compressed air sensors for extreme operating environments, e.g. in grinding machines.
The bernmatic® tensioning and tracking system has proved its worth in many sectors of industry: from transport conveyors and double-belt presses to high-precision conveyors in the film casting industry.
- A combination of precise regulation of belt tension and belt running means that an additional adjuster unit is not normally required.
- Smooth regulation of the steel belt thanks to precise linear measurement of belt position.
- Protection of the steel belt against damage: a multistage security system in the control software prevents damage to either belt edges or weld due to overstretching.
- Suitable for use in the food industry.
- Use of world’s leading automation components (SPS) for control system. This ensures that the bernmatic® system is linked to the controls and visualization unit of your plant. Recorded data and trouble reports are not only displayed on the integrated monitor, but can also be integrated in your system. Spare pares are available for a long period of time, and can also be obtained from the manufacturer through the world-wide distribution network.
- Compact, low construction: The compact, low construction of the belt control roller makes for easy installation and commissioning.
- Suitable for new conveyor installations, but can also be retrofitted to older ones.
- Control of belt running independently of speed.
- Also suitable for use in explosive environments (zone 1)